This is the story of the gay, white Pastor Foster.
Its also a signal lesson on how through false “good works”, homosexual clerics are seducing unsuspecting congregations into acceptance of what God has condemned.
Unfortunately, it is occuring within some “mainline” Christian denominations (ECLA, Methodist) more often than not. In a nutshell, this is how it goes down:
1. Church gets single, charismatic-acting pastor who loves doing good works, especially for disadvantaged or troubled members of the congregation.
2. Church falls in love with the good works of the pastor while ignoring pastor’s personal life.
3. Pastor moves in with or moves in same gender individual whose real identity is obscured by a false occupation. i.e. nanny, armor bearer, secretary, etc. This is to test the church’s spiritual climate. More good works ensue.
4. Church falls in love with the good works of the pastor’s sexual partner, who is still being falsely presented to the church as someone who is assisting pastor.
5. After general testing of the church’s spiritual climate, which fails because it ignores the Word (1John 4:1), pastor selects certain influential but now fully enamored members to “share” the news of their and/or the sexual partner’s real identity.
6. Influential members cover for the pastor and seduce others by emphasizing the pastor’s good works, rather than examining the pastor’s lifestyle against scripture standards. Any members who dissent are marginalized.
7. Pastor and sexual partner now do more good works together demonstrating that the focus of the church is not Christ or obedience to his word, but rather on the deeds of men.
8. Pastor, now with the congregation in full support of their sexual immorality, reveals homosexuality to denominational leaders. Trial may or may not ensue. Even if pastor is found “guilty” of violating denominational policies (which, by the way, are flawed and unscriptural), pastor retains full support of church and control of the pulpit. Thus, nothing changes.
9. Media finds out and gives pastor a glowing, feel good write-up. And the cycle begins again.
Full story at Religion News Blog