Imagine my surprise today to discover that GCM Watch had been honored with the Thinking Blogger Award.
The award is generally bestowed on blogs of which the bestower has cited as one which has caused considerable contemplation. We were honored by our friend and brother Darnell, the author of the Independent Conservative blog. I’d like to thank him and say that to be in such great company is humbling.
Thinking, for the Christian is of course relative (and regulated) by having the “mind of Christ”. The believer is further encouraged through the Apostle Paul’s writing in Philippians 4 to think on these things: “brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
In our writing here, we have a weighty task of defending honesty, goodness, praise, virtue, truth, and the good report of the Word of God from “domestic enemies”. We take that seriously and give all praises to the Lord Jesus Christ for the strength to do it for the glory of God and the edification of the saints.
The tradition of the TBA is to then nominate five other blogs which simularly inspire the best in thinking once read.
So in the spirit of the TBA I’d like to note the blog/bloggers who have truly blessed me as I have read their writings. Accepting and acknowledging the award is optional.
1. Neil of 4Simpsons. Neil has a awesome gift of exposition delivered in a simplistic manner. I’ve gleaned so much from his site particularly when he addresses issues of sexuality gone awry.
2. Rik Fleming Journal of a Battling Christian. I really dont know Rik but his thought provoking commentary is both sound and practical if you are struggling with same sex attraction and want to be free from it.
3. The guys at Cry Loud. This writing is so edgy. Its like I hear a missile whistling past me headed towards the wolves. Although there are a growing amount of blogs purporting to “expose” the corruption in the church, Cry Loud is doing what the Bible said to do, no malice attached.
4. In Singapore, Vincent Chia writes Viva Vox Dei. This is a thinking man’s thinking blog of great theological commentary. Vincent was one of the first blog partners I added when GCM Watch started. One read and you’ll discover why.
5. Finally, Mark at Chester Street. Mark’s writing, depth and spiritual maturity has grown considerably since I first met him. That makes me Godly proud to see my brother step up and be a solid voice for the Lord in these times.
All of this considered, we cast our crowns, awards, accolades, applause, accomplishments and all the likes down at the feet of our Savior who redeemed us from the hands of the enemy.