This Thursday, I will be joining G. Graige Lewis of EX Ministries for the Life Changers Conference May 7-9 in Peoria, IL. If you live in the surrounding area, and want to join us to proclaiming God’s truth and galvanizing believers in proactive resistance to error, please click the thumbnail for more details. There’s no cost to attendees.
According to Pastor Harvey Burnett, organizer and host, the conference will be held at several different venues around the city and will address the following:
- Homosexuality, lesbianism and the church’s response to the rising GLBT (Gay Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender) church and cultural influence.
- Teen promiscuity & violence, what you don’t know will hurt you.
- Hip-hop inculturation and it’s devastation, dangers, influence and roots within post-modern churches and families.
- Clergy and ministerial sexual abuse how to avoid it, report it, and actions that must be taken when it arises.
- “Black Genocide” The effects contraceptive and on demand abortion on the landscape of our community.
- The biblical view of the use of music and entertainment within the church.
- The biblical reconstruction of the family. Providing sustainable solutions to the problems we now face.
The conference couldn’t come at a better time for Peoria. Last month, a city council member called gays a “protected class” as if they were some strange species of endangered animals. We lodged a complaint to the mayor’s office.